AG WATER CONSERVATION RESEARCH ORGANIZATIONS
The below agencies are instrumental in providing the best resources and
assitance for the broad-scale implementation of agricultural water conservation
programs. In addition to programs, each website contains information regarding:
past, present and future projects, experts, new developments, new policies,
reports, field tools, conferences and educational opportunities. Because this is
not a comprehensive list, please email the webmaster with URLs to additional
webites that may be appropriate.
The US Land Grant University System is a nation-wide, interconnected network of
programs implemented by each state and affiliated territory. It was founded on
the conept of agricultural security, growing population, and natural resource
management. The resources found in these pages highlights both regional umbrella
organizations as well as state-wide Agricultural Experiment Stations
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) organizes research into
National Programs which serve to bring coordination, communication, and
empowerment to approximately 1000 ARS research projects. The Water Availability
and Watershed Management program develops practices and technologies to manage
the Nation's agricultural water resources.
The Bureau of Reclamation coordinates the Water 2025 Initiative
for the Department of the Interior which focuses on stretching existing water
supplies through collaboration, technology and innovative, market-based
solutions thereby preventing crises and conflict in the West.
The Water Quality Information Center (WQIC) of the National Agricultural
Library (NAL) was established in 1990 to support the United States
Department of Agriculture's (USDA) plan to address water quality concerns. The
center collects, organizes, and communicates the scientific findings,
educational methodologies, and public policy issues related to water resources
The National Institutes for Water Resources, Inc. (NIWR) is a
501(c)4 organization which represents the fifty-four state and territorial Water
Research Institutes and Centers in collective activities to implement the
provisions of the Water Resources Research Act of 1984, (Public Law 98-242) and
subsequent federal legislation which amends or supersedes this Act.
The National Water Management Center serves as the production support center for
Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) in providing
leadership, direct assistance, information, and technology on water-related
issues for natural resources conservation.The Irrigation Page of the Water
Quality and Quantity unit relays more specific information specifically about ag
The Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE)
program has helped advance farming systems that are profitable, environmentally
sound and good for communities through a nationwide research and education
grants program since 1988.
The Water Resources unit of the United States Geological Survey (USGS)
mission is to provide water information that benefits the Nation's citizens
including publications, data, maps, and applications software. USGS
Water-Resources offices are located in every State.
Enter word(s) in the Search text box or leave it blank to conduct a search
- By default, the search engine tries to locate records which match as much as possible all of the words entered in your search query
Opt to sort your results by Publication Year, Subject Category or Document Type
Use the following boolean operators in your search: AND, OR, NOT, TO.
- AND - Narrow search and retrieve records containing all of the words it separates
- OR - Broaden search and retrieve records containing any of the words it separates
- NOT - Narrow search and retrieve records that do not contain the term following it
- TO - Narrow search by specifying a range of dates. The first date goes in the first text box, and the second date goes in the second textbox
Decide which fields to search for your keywords. Leaving it at the default "Anywhere in Record" is the most recommended setting.
- Narrow your search by limiting the records to be searched in one or more subject categories
- Click once to select a Subject Category; click a second time to eliminate the selection
- Most Subject Categories are defined more narrowly by phrases and words that are common agricultural practices and techniques. Click the [+] to view Subject Category definitions
- Narrow your search by limiting the records to be searched in one or more document type(s)
- Click once to select a Document Type; click a second time to eliminate the selection