The Agricultural Water Conservation Clearinghouse (AWCC) addresses agricultural water conservation globally, incorporating various climates with a focus on arid and semi-arid areas in the Western United States. The AWCC is continuously growing, and its reach continues to multiply. By cultivating this growth, the vision of the AWCC is to include even more water conserving practices in agriculture across the world.
- INCREASE access to information helping to build collaborative relationships between and among agencies regional and nation-wide
- PROVIDE technical expertise regarding agricultural water conservation
- CIRCULATE materials on the management, policies, and laws surrounding agricultural water conservation
What is Ag Water Conservation?
- Increased crop water use efficiency
- Improved irrigation application efficiency
- Increased capture and utilization of precipitation
- Decreased crop consumptive use
- Increased irrigation water diversion and delivery efficiencies
- Reduced water use through adoption of conservation measures and new technologies for water management
Contribute Your Materials
INCREASE the reach of either your own or your organization's research, documents and collections by submitting materials to the Ag Water Conservation Library today! If you have a recommendation of materials that should be included in our library, please contact us.
|Contribution of your materials is FREE and EASY to do by clicking here!
Enter word(s) in the Search text box or leave it blank to conduct a search
- By default, the search engine tries to locate records which match as much as possible all of the words entered in your search query
Opt to sort your results by Publication Year, Subject Category or Document Type
Use the following boolean operators in your search: AND, OR, NOT, TO.
- AND - Narrow search and retrieve records containing all of the words it separates
- OR - Broaden search and retrieve records containing any of the words it separates
- NOT - Narrow search and retrieve records that do not contain the term following it
- TO - Narrow search by specifying a range of dates. The first date goes in the first text box, and the second date goes in the second textbox
Decide which fields to search for your keywords. Leaving it at the default "Anywhere in Record" is the most recommended setting.
- Narrow your search by limiting the records to be searched in one or more subject categories
- Click once to select a Subject Category; click a second time to eliminate the selection
- Most Subject Categories are defined more narrowly by phrases and words that are common agricultural practices and techniques. Click the [+] to view Subject Category definitions
- Narrow your search by limiting the records to be searched in one or more document type(s)
- Click once to select a Document Type; click a second time to eliminate the selection